Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Ongoing Gossip

I believe this recent hottest issue will continue for a while! This was such a shock! The first my reaction was disbelief. As I kept reading the online news reports that were continuously coming up, my reaction turned into a daze. And when I realized that all these were true, I became to wonder. How could they keep this secret for such a long time? I think everyone has read all about this issue, and knows that it just ended. But I couldn't help myself from keep thinking about their marriage. Then I felt sorry for Lee Ji A. She was veiled for the sake of Seotaiji's mysticism. They both said that they truely loved each other. But then why Lee Ji A suddenly set this secret afloat? Yes, of course, the money is always the last reason, I thought.. It's so sad that their memories were revealed because of money! But is there other reasons as well? And, although Lee Ji A withdrew the suit, there must be other reasons other than mental anguish. What about Jeong Woo Seong??? He is obviously the innocent victim!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Is there an English-language version of the story somewhere that we can look at? I'm afraid I'm missing a whole lot of background information here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it is defintely the hottest issue these days in Korea. As Emily wrote here, almost similar thought came to mind at the moment when I heard this story. How was it possible to be a secret such a long time although Seotaji is quite a big star? On the other hand, is it right to talk about this issue without enough information to judge what is the real story? of course that's why it is a gossip. They knew their life would be exposed to the public because of the characteristics of their job. But I still doubt that whenever I face with this kind story of private life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daejang, hope this article helps!
    http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2011/04/113_86166.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some are asserting that the court has intentionally disclosed this issue to turn public's attention from some ongoing sensitive political issues. For many times, such conspiracies turn out to be false. However, we still have to be curious about why, all of a sudden, their lawsuit became an issue while it has been there since 2006.

    ReplyDelete