Sunday, May 8, 2011

Adding fuel to the fire!

I posted an article about banning a great Hanbok designer from entering Shilla Hotel. And today, luckily I found an interesting article related to that! What do you think? Inducing people to wear Hanbok? Lotte Hotel said that it has been planned ahead, but I don't know.. Do we wear Hanbok when family gathers? Mostly on Children's Day or Parents' Day? I don't think so. I assume that Lotte got the idea about Hanbok from Shilla's incident. It seems that Lotte Hotel wants to show appreciation of Hanbok targeting to be compared to Shilla Hotel. Did anyone wear Hanbok this week? Or any one of your relatives' wore one?

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Lotte Hotel's such promotion is targeting Shilla. However, I personally don't want to blame Lotte for doing it. As a business entity, it is a great chance that should not be missed to promote themselves. Lotte also have a good reason to avoid blames, which the discount applies to guests wearing other traditional Asian clothing, not only Hanbok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, although it seems like Lotte is trying to use this issue as a chance to gain more market share, I think that after the Shilla Hotel issue such kinds of actions like this is a good movement towards Hanbok, whether it is used for marketing or not...

    ReplyDelete