Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A singer should be judged by her song

These days, at least entertainment news is full of Ok-juhyun. She was a famous idol singer and now is usually singing at a musical. Her singing has been considered very good as an idol, but definitely not as a musician. After she was decided to appear in "I am singer", many netizens blamed her because they thought her singing ability was not good enough to participate in the competition. A rumor that she had an argument with Lee Sora worsend the public opinion. However, the rumor turned out not true, and she won the first place at the competition. Well...I thought that can change people's mind, but it doesn't. I think we should judge her by her song, not our prejudice about her. The producer of "I am a singer" said that we shouldn't make another Tablo who had a hard time because of the rumor, which I think is right.

****I supposed everyone knew about Tablo, which made someone very confused.
Tablo is a famous singer. His music is very popular, but maybe his education made him more popular. He graduated Stanford University, but someone accused him of lying about his academic career. He turned out to be innocent after all. I guess the producer mentioned Tablo because he also had a hard time because of a groundless rumor like Ok-Juhyun.

4 comments:

  1. I have also seen many articles regarding this issue and I was wondering why people were so against Ok Juhyun coming on the show. People have been very judgmental even before she came onto the show without having listened to her sing. I thought it may be because she has been working as a singer for quite some time and has been focusing on being a musical actress. However, the funny thing is that even after she came on the show and got first place, there has been more controversy regarding her singing skills and her being on the show. I found that to be weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... many netizens blamed her...

    What did they blame her for?

    Also, who is Tablo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked your comment. I added more details. I hope they make you understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest, I do not agree with the opinion stated on this blog. I do think that celebrities should at times be criticized for their wrong actions. In case of Ok Ju Hyun, people are not making recriminations against her just because of one comment she made about somebody else. She posted pictures of her friend dressed as yu Guan Soon, not properly, but obviously resembling her in a disturbing way. I understand it was halloween part, but as a celebrity who everybody looks upon, she should've thought once more before she acted. I hope this witch-hunting does not go too far to make her commit suicide like other stars.

    ReplyDelete