Sunday, May 15, 2011

A British Woman was Decapitated!!! (head cut off)

Dear classmates,

I am not posting this article to make your weekend miserable and terrifying. I just wanted to inform you how fearful and evil this world has become these days! So many people seem to go.. nuts!!

I just went into Yahoo to search for information (for my other class assignment) and found this terrible news article about a woman who was decapitated, meaning her head is cut off, by a criminal while she was in the supermarket in Tenerife. According to the article, she is a retired Norfork County Council officer who left Britain to enjoy traveling after her retirement. She was out in the supermarket when a man attacked her abruptly with a knife he bought in that same supermarket. The spanish police have captured the man who was holding the head by the hair, walking down the road. When the police ran after him to catch him, he supposedly threw the head down the road.
There were numerous witnesses of the scene and the family of Ms Mills-westley, the beheaded woman, is in shock of her sudden and terrifying death.

After reading this article, it just made me shiver with such a great fear. What is happening these days? Killing and being killed by pyscho-path killers seem to be on headline more frequently than ever before. A week ago, we hear about Binladen's death and a few days ago, I hear about a girl who was killed after being raped in Korea. Is it just me being paranoid with fear or has the world really become a dangerous place without any safetyzone? Do I need to be scared to walk down the street to the supermarket, because some crazy lunatic might stalk me and just cut my head off??? What else am I to think about this news??? Am I supposed to be relieved that it did not happen in Asia?

I assert strongly that there must be life imprisonment to these pyschologically damaged criminals. It is clearly stated in the article that this killer had caused harmful incidents before and he was only treated to hospital. When judges decide the criminal is mentally ill, they are to stay in hospitals to get pyschological treatment. This is not doing any good to reduce their criminal act. Whether or not the killers are pyschologically damaged or not, I think when anybody commits a kill, they should be imprisoned for life for other people's safety.

4 comments:

  1. This incident reminds me of the crucifixion suicide committed by Korean taxi-driver in MoonKyung. Even though it is not clear whether this incident was suicide or murder, it's shocking how brutal one can be to do such thing on himself. I think this case is the most grotesque suicide ever- not to be found anywhere else. People are becoming more brutal and violent nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes criminals pretend that they are mentally ill.. There are some movies about this kind of issue as well! It makes me worried to be out at night, but I just forget about it soon. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to the International Traffic Safety Data and Analysis Group (IRTAD) (pdf link), Korea had 12.7 deaths per 100,000 people (2007). Assuming a population of 50,000,000, that's 6350 for the year, or 17.4 people per day. Dying in traffic is so common that it isn't even news.

    Yes, there are crazy people, and horrible things happen in unexpected places. Still, I feel a lot safer going to the supermarket than getting into a car.

    ReplyDelete