Saturday, April 2, 2011

KaTalk Boom!

When smart phone first came out, I did not welcome. What's the use of having one? I can use the Internet with my laptop, and I don't mind carrying it with me.
But it was iPhone4 which changed my mind and to register online among the first. I just loved the design. So simple, but attractive.
We live in the world where there are so many products to choose from with the technology advancing everyday. It is us, the consumers, who have the control to make a company thrive or just die. However, Apple is different. Who would ever thought that so many people will stay up all night and wait in a long line to buy a product these days? And we thank Steve Jobs for inventing such a product.. As Kimsun posted below, I think people who get addicted to smart phones are the ones using iPhones.
And now the new issue is about applications! Application industry is emerging, and it's true that telecoms are gaining less revenue because of it. The use of SMS and MMS is decreasing. Even though I can use 300 SMS for free, sometimes I don't use them all! Most of my friends have smartphones, and therefore we talk continuously using KakaoTalk or MyPeople. But it is possible since I monthly pay enough money for using data. Isn't it more profitable than revenue that can be earned from SMS and MMS? If one of the telecoms block the use of mobile messengers, I am sure that many will switch to other telecoms.

8 comments:

  1. yeah i'm one of those addicts :)
    katalk is just amazing.
    To keep up with this rapid change, the telecoms should provide more briliant service, which can get over the apps like katalk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true that almost everyone who has smart phone uses the application Katalk. Many people will express strong objection when one of the telecoms do block the use of Katalk. I think the idea of blocking the app is nonsense. The customers are already paying enough money for the data service, and if Katalk is really causing problems taking up the data, the telecoms should work to enhance the network circumstances for customer convenience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katalk is scary. Anyone in the world can see my picture and read my status without my permission or knowledge. (I've actually heard others call it "the stalker app".)

    Yeah, I know, put up a fake picture. Done that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just a quick question about katalk then.
    Can anybody add me as their friend even though they don't have my number and I don't have theirs either?

    It seems like I am getting weird people I don't know on my katalk because I have automatic friend request allowed.. I thought that meant only among my friends, but obviously not.. hm..

    but yes, to comment about blocking some apps like katalk, I think it's ludicrous. They tried to block skype as well, but it obviously caused too much complaint and it's running again. Like others said, I think instead of blocking apps, they should make telecom service more convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean we all use it because it's like the only application that connects people to communicate with one another thru wifi. But if you really look at the program, there are so many problems to the application. For instance, people who have my number would automatically know that I have downloaded Katalk even tho I have no intension to tell them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't live without KaTalk.
    I think the telecom service providers should disclose a financial information or calculation that compares their service fee revenues before and after the adoption of Smart-Phone calling plan.
    Then, the customers will have more ideas on what really must be changed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing -KaTalk. Many people know this app and use it now. They will complain about this when telecoms block the use of mobile messengers. And it is rational to earn revenue from money people pay for using data like KaTalk. Because there are increasing KaTalk users. So the companies had better keep up with a present service plan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard that Katalk centainly can be a burden to 3g network. One thing that's very interesting to me is users don't believe it maybe because we think big telecom company have exploited our money.

    ReplyDelete