Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ever thought of volcanic eruption in North Korea??

During this week, I saw several news related to the expected volcanic eruption in North Korea. According to the news, Mountain Baek-du in North Korea is a dormant volcano and volcanic eruption may possibly take place in 3-5 years. A Meeting was held between North and South Korean officials in Munsan yesterday(March 29th) to discuss about this matter. I never thought of volcanic eruption related to the Korean penninsula- I thought geology condition of Korea was very stable. Looking at the situation - a meeting organized to discuss the matter-the problem seems pretty serious. All this news was very shocking for me. Following is the related article that I've read on Korea Herald.
What are your ideas on this matter?

2 comments:

  1. Good topic. Would prefer that you linked to the article rather than copy it, though.

    I find it interesting that the mountain has actually grown physically. So much for the expression "solid as a rock" having any meaning. These rocks are anything but solid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the mistake!I edited and linked the article

    ReplyDelete